Jessica Gagen, 27 from Skelmersdale, Lancashire became the first woman in history of Miss England to be crowned with luscious red locks of hair.
The aerospace engineering student from the Lancashire town was crowned Miss England 2022 at a glittering ceremony at the Holiday Inn NEC Birmingham Airport on Monday 17th October by outgoing queen Rehema Muthamia.
Crowned at the Miss England Finals in Birmingham
30 women from across England took part in the 2 day event which held a series of rounds leading up to the contest.
Jessica won the Dentakay Brightest Smile award in the first part of the contest, which fast tracked her to the Top 12.
International dentist Dr. Gulay attended the event & was head judge for the Brightest smile round.
An all women panel, selected the winner, including Entrepreneur Datsa Gaile from Solaair Sequin Walls (who created a stunning England flag themed backdrop), Ewelina Tomiszczak manager of the Holiday Inn, and Laura Coleman Miss England 2008, in front of the packed audience cheered when Jessica crowned the winner !
- Raising over £6,500 in for charity by doing charity runs in fancy dress;
- Reached the top 10 sports;
- Participated in the My Paradise Shoot Beach Beauty;
- Reached the shortlist of the Beautiful Brows & Lashes social media influencer
- Reached the shortlist of the Artero hair round
- WON the Dentakay Dental Clinic Brightest smile award
- Delivered a powerful answer about wanting to be role model for red heads and inspire kids who are victims of bullying & encourage more women in to STEM.